Ehrlich Law Firm

Contact Us Today

  • Please Call Us, We Would Love To Talk To You!


Office Location

Ehrlich Law Firm, P.C.
64 2nd Street
Troy, NY 12180

Phone: 518-272-2110
Fax: 518-272-2345
Troy Office Location

Marc S. Ehrlich ABC Profile
American Board Of Certification Badge


Troy Tax Debt Lawyers

Troy, NY Tax Debt LawyersAlbany Bankruptcy Tax Lawyers

Do you owe local, state or federal taxes? Bankruptcy rules involving tax debt are complex. Ehrlich Law Firm, P.C., has the resources and the experience to navigate the complexities and help you emerge with a workable tax repayment plan.

If you owe taxes to a local agency, the state of New York or the IRS, talk to an attorney who can help you. Call our Troy, New York, law firm toll at 518-272-2110 or fill out our online contact form and we will get back with you shortly! We offer free initial consultations to individuals who have participated in mandatory credit counseling.

We Can Negotiate Your Back Taxes

Whether or not you can eliminate your tax debt will depend on the age of your debt. For example, you cannot file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy within three years of the tax year for your tax debt. You must repay your debt through a tax repayment plan for three years. Only then does the tax debt become eligible for bankruptcy discharge. If you owe taxes for a previous year, you cannot discharge the debt through bankruptcy for at least two years. You must repay your debt through a tax repayment plan for a minimum of two years.

Talk to one of our attorneys. While it is difficult to discharge tax debt, it is possible in some situations. Our law firm has been successful in back taxes negotiation — getting our clients on a payment plan to pay their late taxes.

Is the stress of owing taxes keeping you up at night? At Ehrlich Law Firm, P.C., your personal bankruptcy will receive our personal attention. To schedule your free initial consultation, call us at 518-272-2110 or submit an online contact form.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.